Is an Acai Bowl Recipe a Good Alternative to Ice Cream

When it comes to the acai bowl trend, it seems like everyone is on board, and we certainly are no exception. Acai bowls took Instagram by surprise, and appropriately so! Healthy and delicious, this alternative to ice cream has so much to offer (and can be eaten at any meal).

Approximately 80 percent of an acai berry with an outward appearance similar to that of a grape and a blueberry is the seed with the remaining 20 percent containing the nutritional value. Many think there are more antioxidants in the acai berry than blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, or cranberries.

It is easy to get hooked, with claims that acai helps in weight loss, brain function, and cancer prevention.

Originating in Brazil, the acai bowl is made from frozen acai palm fruit, which is pureed and served in a bowl or glass as a smoothie. Acai bowls in Brazil are typically surmounted with granola, banana, and guaranĂ¡ syrup. However, there are several other variations across the country, including acai bowls topped with tapioca balls and a saltier version that is overlapped with shrimp or dried fish.

Benefits of Acai Bowl:

Aids in digestion:

The berry is found to keep the digestive system clean and functional and thus help the food consumed to be digested properly.

Reduces irritation of the lung:

Lung complications such as swelling and other breathing distress can cause many health problems. Acai berry can relieve both forms of lung irritation.

Improves the cells in the body:

The antioxidant anthocyanin found in the acai berry helps fight free radical invasion by keeping the body cells strong and healthy.

Anti-aging effect:

Acai berry can keep you young and vigorous and helps slow the aging process.

Improves stamina:

Regular acai intake can help boost blood circulation. This improves stamina by flushing out the poisonous toxins.

Rich in Protein and amino acid:

The berry gives the necessary amount of proteins and amino acids, which during pregnancy are really essential to the mother. It is helping the baby grow properly.

Improves cognitive skills:

Consumption of Acai can improve cognitive skills and keeps the brain healthy and strong.

Delicious treats:

The acai tastes delicious, making it a superfood during pregnancy, especially when there is nothing good enough to taste.

Acai Bowl- An alternative for ice-cream!

A perfectly balanced Acai Bowl filled with generous quantities of fruits, nuts, and healthy toppings; both deliciously satisfying and nutritious. Acai bowls taste like ice cream. The acai bowl recipes below will surely be a treat for your taste buds!

TIPS for making ACAI BOWL:

  • The key is to use frozen fruit. That is what gives the bowl the thickness.
  • The greatest thing regarding an Acai Bowl is that, based on what you have at hand, you can make it your own. Frozen berries are not an absolute must! Frozen mangoes, strawberries, kiwi, and even peaches may be used.
  • Add in some kale or spinach, and use various liquids, such as milk, water, or nut milk.

How to make Acai bowl?

  • Once frozen, add the milk and yogurt with a tamper (see tips and tricks) to the bowl of a large, high-speed blender. Add the blueberries, strawberries, banana frozen, and acai broken down. Using the tamper to force down the frozen fruit with the blender on low, adding in as fast as possible. Continue to mix at low till smooth, inserting just extra liquid when required.
  • Divide the smoothie into two bowls, and top with all the toppings you like. Best enjoyed straight away.

Acai bowls are packed with vitamins, antioxidants, proteins, and other stunning nutrients, but because of all the fruit, they are also high in sugar. Smoothies and acai bowls can easily add those calories and contain twice as much sugar as is recommended daily. Consider using healthier toppings to keep the bowls healthier, and don’t top with fruit.