Did you know that the world’s most researched specialty immune supplement comes from an extract obtained from a hybrid of several subspecies of mushroom roots (mycelia)? AHCC, is a natural substance that is rising in popularity all around the globe, but why?
Mushrooms have been around as long as humans have been able to record time. With over five million species known to date, 270 have been found to hold unique medicinal properties. We are sure you have heard of shiitake mushrooms, but if you haven’t heard of AHCC then keep reading because we are about to dive into one of the world’s best-kept secrets to achieving optimal immune health!
What is it?
AHCC is a patented, low-molecular-weight medicinal mushroom extract that typically comes from the mycelia of the shiitake from the basidiomycete family. To be clear, AHCC is not a genus or species of mushroom. It is a unique compound extract which is a rich nutritional supplement that has been a popular alternative medicine in China and Japan for many years. Although AHCC might seem new to the health and wellness industry, it has been around for decades and is currently the #1 immune-boosting supplement in Japan! AHCC is:
- The world’s most researched specialty immune supplement that is supported by over 30 human clinical studies
- The subject of study at respected medical institutions such as Yale Medical School
- A highly effective immune modulator that has been used in over 1000 medical clinics around the world
- Excellent safety profile with 20+ years of documented use
- The daily immune supplement trusted by thousands of people worldwide
Considered by many to be a supplement, AHCC has been studied immensely for its immune-enhancing properties. Specifically, it has been shown to increase:
- Natural killer (NK) cells – these are the white blood cells that recognize and destroy harmful or infected cells in your body on the spot.
- B and T cells – T cells, which mature in the thymus and B cells, which mature in the bone marrow are lymphocytes. These white blood cells can recognize previous invaders and destroy them immediately.
- Macrophages – these are special white blood cells that ingest foreign particles and cellular debris.
- Cytokines – Cytokines are little chemical messengers that help white blood cells communicate and coordinate an immune response.
- Dendritic cells – also white blood cells, these present foreign substances to T and B cells which initiate an adaptive response.
Who should take it?
Anyone can benefit from taking AHCC. Your immune system is as complex as it is fascinating. Keeping it strong is so important to your overall health because it works to protect you from the millions of harmful germs and microbes that you encounter every day. AHCC is a high-quality immune specialty supplement that works by cranking up the notch on your immune system. It works hard to keep your body healthy and functioning at its very best. Some indicators that your immune system might not be working properly are:
- Sugar cravings
- Constant fatigue
- Non-stop stress
- Dry nasal passages
- Wounds are slow to heal
- Frequent infections
- Constantly getting sick
- Gaining weight
If you are looking to better your health, adding AHCC into your diet is definitely a great thing to give a try. It can work in a way to help improve bodily functions, overall wellbeing, and has been linked to better health in some of those who have taken it. Although research on this remarkable extract is still fairly new, studies show that AHCC can work with your body naturally to help give your immune system the boost it needs to help you feel your best!